Data Scientist Team Leader
About The Position
ThetaRay is the leading provider of AI-based Big Data analytics.
We are dedicated to helping financial organizations combat financial cybercrimes such as money laundering and fraud facilitating malicious crimes such as terrorist financing, narco trafficking, and human trafficking which negatively impact the global economy.
Our Intuitive AI solutions for Anti Money Laundering and Fraud Detection enable clients to manage risk, detect money laundering schemes, uncover fraud, expose bad loans, uncover operational issues, and reveal valuable new growth opportunities.
We are now opening a new team as part of our R&D department, to lead the development of a new ML focused solution.
We are looking for a Data Scientist Team Leader to join us and lead the development of the new product. If you are a skilled Data Scientist with great leadership skills, this role is for you!
What will you do:
- Develop ML focused solutions for the financial sector using best-of-breed tools combining ThetaRay unique algorithms with frameworks such as spark, MLflow, Airflow, etc. in cloud native environments.
- Participate in research and technology innovation to develop more efficient and automated ways to handle ML/DL workloads.
- Participate in new product/feature definitions and implementation.
- Work mostly with Python/Spark on Kubernetes environments.
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist/data engineer/big-data development.
- Previous leadership experience- is not a must.
- Experience in defining and implementing feature engineering processes for ML based products
- Experience in writing code in Python (and Pyspark) and using Python data-science frameworks.
- BSc/BA in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, or another related field.
- Experience with building solutions with Big Data tools and frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience in developing machine learning oriented solutions for the financial sector - advantage
- Experienced with deep/machine learning framework such as TensorFlow/Keras/Sklearn - advantage
- Experience in NLP - an advantage.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, frameworks, and algorithms.
- Very good English, written and verbal.