Senior Data Scientist
About The Position
ThetaRay is the leading provider of AI-based Big Data analytics.
We are dedicated to helping financial organizations combat financial cybercrimes such as money laundering and fraud facilitating malicious crimes such as terrorist financing, narco trafficking, and human trafficking which negatively impact the global economy.
Our Intuitive AI solutions for Anti Money Laundering and Fraud Detection enable clients to manage risk, detect money laundering schemes, uncover fraud, expose bad loans, uncover operational issues, and reveal valuable new growth opportunities.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist for customer-facing projects that combine data science with deep knowledge and understanding of machine learning and big data technologies to create solutions for customers’ challenges and needs, defining and developing appropriate technical and business solutions. The Senior Data Scientist will work closely with ThetaRay’s Product Management, Algorithm, Engineering, and Customer Success teams.
- Deliver successful deployment and Pilots
- Manage and design the Customer-specific technical solution throughout the project life cycle
- Work on various data sources and apply sophisticated feature engineering capabilities
- Bring and use business knowledge
- Extract insights and actionable recommendations from large volumes of data and Investigate anomalies in Big Data
- Build and manage technical relationships with customers and partners
- Provide product requirements input to the Product Management team
- Train the customers on the system – system usage and monitoring aspects
- 4+ years of experience as a data scientist/data engineer/big-data developer
- MSc/MA in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics or another related field
- Must have proven professional experience in data analytics for financial services with strong data mining and forensic skills
- Experience working with customers. Advantage – financial customers
- Must have Hands-on experience and knowledge of scripting languages: Python/PySpark as well as DS workflow management tools including MLflow, Airflow, etc.
- Hands-on experience using Big Data and statistical analysis tools such as Hadoop/Spark, SQL, and Matlab
- Experience in NLP or Graph Algorithms - an advantage.
- Working experience with Linux OS (Redhat/Ubuntu)
- Excellent English (speaking, presenting, reading)
- Able to solve tech problem for customers; improvise; cope with unexpected challenges
- Able to drive relevant internal functions to deliver/solve a problem for customers/partners
- Ability to design creative solutions for complex requirements
- Ability to learn and lead projects independently, and to work with minimal supervision at customers’ sites
- Strong interpersonal relationship building
- A motivated, self-starter who can demonstrate high analytical and technical skills
- Ability to execute multiple projects and drive key business results under tight deadlines